Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Kid's Clothing Week - Day 1

I've gotten a little bit of a late start with my sewing this time.  Spent my time this evening drafting and cutting the upper bodice of a top I hope to make for my daughter Anaiah.  It's been a while since I've sewn her something to wear so I had to adjust my bodice pattern for her new size. I didn't really get to check the fit so I am a little nervous but I just couldn't bring myself to wake her up to double check. Fingers crossed everything will fit alright.


The fabric is a baby corduroy, nice and warm for winter. Hopefully we'll get a bit of winter here this year. (New Delhi never gets as cold as MN!) The plan is to add buttons with loops to the folded edge with a zip in the back. I also may add a line of bias tape or piping to the bodice line in yellow.

That's all for today! I'm tired and it's been a long day! Anaiah had a friend's birthday party to go to today and I can still hear the loud music ringing in my ears.

Are you sewing something fun this week? 
If you want to know more about the Kid's Clothing Week you can check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!