Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Kid's Clothing Week - Day 3 & 4.

I raided my stash and found a cute Butterfly print and a co-coordinating fat quarter from Japan that my brother must has given me. He lives in Japan with his lovely Korean wife. He knows that I like to sew and so I often get fabric from him. Japan has some of the loveliest cotton and such cute prints. 


I made a simple short dress/tunic with some ruffles and little butterfly buttons that I bought in Sri Lanka. If I had had more fabric the skirt would have been fuller but you work with what you've got right!  I also added about 2 inches to my old bodice pattern for her to give her more room to grow.  The back has 3 buttons as a closure. 





I'm counting this as Day 3 & 4 because it took longer than and hour and because tomorrow is a Holiday here and my hubby will have the day off. Which means I'd rather spend more time with the family than sitting behind my machine. :)  

Hope your week is going well so far! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!