Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Work in Progress.

After receiving a lovely package from my mom which contained some circs. I was so excited to cast on this project. I had searched all out for circs. but they are not so easy to find here. I think it's horribly ironic that my mom sent me Susan Bates needles that are made here in India by an Indian company. I am hopeful that in the future we will be able to get more needles here locally but in the mean time I am thankful for my mom's willingness to buy them for me and send them my way so that I can make a project! 

I've had a number of projects that I've started and not finished which is very unlike me but hopefully this one will break the UFO streak!  I've cast on Saffron by Elena Nodel. This lovely pattern was RAKed to me by Orangie on Ravelry! Thank you once again so much! I love the RAK group on Ravelry. It's so encouraging to see how people reach out and share kindness and love with other knitting enthusiasts. I feel so blessed to have received a few patterns from total strangers! 

 I'm using Wendy Knit Shine again because it's so lovely to knit.  It was hard to choose a color. I wanted to knit it in a blue but wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn so I went to the store and bought this lovely shade of red. It's a really rich red color which I think will look wonderful on Anaiah. I have not had that much time to work on it, I think I'm about 5-6 rows away from separating for the sleeves. 

Happy Knitting/crocheting everyone! What are you working on this week? 

9 comments:

  1. Your yarn looks deliciously squishy and such a gorgeous shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn really does look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really gorgeous red. Probably best not to start in blue if you're not sure you have enough. It's a terrible feeling to invest all that time and effort only to run short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the red- a pity about the blue though. But best to make sure you have enough yarn to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love the colour of your wool. Look forward to seeing the finished project.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yarn looks lovely and after looking at the pattern link, so does the pattern - I've added it to my favourites as I think my Little Miss would love one of those too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely red yarn, and that pattern looks like fun, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cardigan is GORGEOUS.
    Might have to put that on the list for the God daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena's patterns are a treat to the eye and great to knit. Saffron will turn out great in the color you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!