Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday Works in Progress

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us on the calender- but hopefully not in our hearts - I can get on with making things for Christmas!  Every year I have great ambition to make lots of new ornaments for the tree and gifts for everyone including the neighbors not to mention all the baking and when I don't get everything done I usually feel disappointed in myself and a little bummed out. So this year I am hoping to learn from it and give myself the freedom to make as much or as little as I want without feeling bad. Yes, there is still a long list but I've promised myself that it's ok if it doesn't all get done.  I just want to enjoy the Christmas season this year rather than getting totally bogged down in the to-do lists! So here is what I am working on:

Felt bird ornaments. I actually started these last year and they have been waiting to get finished. I wish I had a thimble as this is craft felt and it's really stiff making it tough on my fingertips to embroider. I do think they will be worth the effort though! :)  I do think I'll use the sewing machine on the outer edges.


On my needles this week:

Another simple double crochet scarf for my brother Erick.


A hooded scarf for my sister in law. I am making up the pattern as I go..
hope it turns out ok!


A red cardigan for my daughter Anaiah Grace. She looks great in red.
The actual color of the yarn I am using  is a rich crimson red.

Hope you had a wonderful week last week!

6 comments:

  1. Love the yarn you're using for the hooded scarf, it looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how you feel about not getting all the stuff done you want during this time of year. I've decided to enjoy the holiday and not stress myself out too :)

    And as for making up the pattern as you go along, I hope one day to get to that point. I need a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the hooded scarf; you're very brave to be improvising a pattern in time for Christmas. I'm not sure that kind of adventure would work well for me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this looooong list of projects is you enjoying the season and not over-committing yourself. :) They all look great, though. I'm especially in love with your felt bird ornaments. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felt birdies are turning out so well.. you should be able to find a thimble in a craft store here. and, I love the color of the hooded scarf..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!