Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KCWC - Day 1.

 Since I was not quite as prepared as I would have liked to have been, I spent most of today's sewing time just sorting out my fabrics and drawing sketches. I did draft a bodice pattern too. 


Some of the fabrics I am thinking about using this week:
Not sure if I will stick to these as I tend to move from one thing to the next based on mood/inspiration so you never know, I might be pulling out something totally different. 


Did sew up a quick pair of ruffle bloomers. I love how this fabric looks but noticed very quickly how easily it and snag and unravel the ruffles. :(  Probably not the best choice of a very active little girl. I also made this muslin with the bodice pattern to check the fit. I don't know what I was thinking with the ridiculously huge butterfly sleeves! LOL. My model was moving all the time and it's hard to get a good shot but I think it actually fits pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!