Monday, April 23, 2012

Sewing and celebrations.

I know I've not posted in a while. Life gets busy sometimes.  It was my hubby's birthday on Saturday! 

We had a little party at home. It was nice. I am very thankful for my husband. I'm not always the best at telling him that though so I wanted to take a minute to write it down. He works so hard to provide for our family and I really appreciate that. His job can be really stressful sometimes and there are lots of trips and nights spent in hotel rooms for him so I love it when he is home. It's so much fun to see how much he loves our daughter. Having a child was never a big deal to him but now that she is here he cannot get enough of her! I love that about him. I hope the year ahead brings lots of joy for him. Love you honey!
My first checkerboard cake! 

This week is the Kids Clothes Week Challenge. I'm excited to be sewing some summer clothes for Anaiah. It's fun to know that there are hundreds of moms just like me spending at least an hour a day sewing beautiful things for their kiddos this week. Hopefully it will be a productive week for me. I was hoping to be a little more prepared with the patterns already drafted etc., however it just didn't happen ahead of time. So, I am spending today mostly drafting the patterns. I always have a long list of things I'd like to make and this week is no exception.  

If you like to sew for your kids why not join the challenge with me and the hundreds of other ladies over at the KCWC on Elsie Marley.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!